Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"Muscle Memory"

If there is such a thing as muscle memory, my muscles are screaming "Hey, remember me, we're the ones that hurt so bad, you can't even walk?" After the last two days of my return back to crossfit and doing wall balls, pull ups, deadlifts and handstand push ups, my muscles are remembering fully what I put them through and they are "Protesting"! Even though my rational mind says that this is normal and my body is in adjustment mode and I will begin to become conditioned to this vigourousness that is crossfit, I still have the little man in the back of my mind that says.."Are you freakin crazy lady?, lets stop this foolishness and have some Doritos....the spicy salsa kind that discolor your fingers... Ah!

I digress...

As much as I love Doritos and all of their yummy "Doritoness", I must focus at the task at hand and that is to become strong, fit and pretty much a crossfit warrior queen! The kind that no challenge is to big. The kind that looks wall balls in the eyes and says "Lets get it on!" The kind that picks up a 200lb deadlift and says "Is this a joke?" Thats the kind of athlete I want to be. That looks fear right in the face and laughs. If I can look past the pain and realize that it only makes me a stronger, more confident woman I would be much better off. Things that satisfying and good don't necesarily come easy. And I would say in most cases something that is hard and challenging to do is worth all the energy you put into it. And the pay off is so rewarding. I have learned so much in the last 8 months or so of my crossfit experience. Limits I have pushed, feats I have crushed and things that I never thought possible have become possible. I believe that anything is attainable. Anything is do-able. But the committment needs to be made and the focus has to be there or surely you'll fail. I've got such a long way to go. I've not even come close to reaching my full potential. Will it suck? I'm guessing yes... Will I curse the crossfit name? I'm sure.... But when I lift that 200 pound bar ( or more) x 5, or do Fran in 4 minutes, all that pain, sweat, tears and cursing will have been worth it. Bring me the challenges, bring me the pain... I am crossfit and I'm worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda :) How awesome the journey you are begining :) I love the photo of you :) This is a journey... it will really test your will, make you question, make you fight... and you will know you've made it when you just can't let it go. It's more than a body.. its your spirit and your heart on fire :) Burn it up ;) Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete